Sunday 1 March 2015

Water!

My staff has finally figured out a better way to get me drink some water! It was about time I say! The secretary had been checking a kind of Cats for Dummies book in a bookstore, and she happened to see a page giving information on how to get a cat to drink water if it refuses. The book said that many cats don't like if their water bowl is right next to their food bowl! Also, the water should be cold and fresh, and the material of the bowl might have an effect. Well, no news to me, but obviously some of it was news to my secretary...

So now my drinking facilities have improved a bit. She bought a new steel bowl for me, and placed it on the sink in the laundry room. This way it doesn't even matter if I would "accidentally" flip the bowl over...

So I went and inspected the new conditions.






Well, I'd say this was a huge improvement to the old black ceramic bowl I used to have beside my food bowl. I have to admit I was more interested in the drops of water on the surface of the sink, but I have been seen actually drinking water from the new and shiny bowl, so I guess we can call it a success!

I hope you had a great weekend! The holiday we had is now really over, and the kids are going back to school and both of the adults back to work. So this means I get the whole house back to me again, bliss!

8 comments:

  1. It's tricky to get cats to drink water because we're designed to get our "water" from eating prey. So the best way is via canned food, of course, but failing that, whatever works. We're glad your human has learned to move the water dish away from the food dish! Some kitties like fountains, but we've had a few over the years and avoided them. Nicki will drink the stale water from the pail in the basement, rather than the fresh spring water the human puts out upstairs. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad yo like this new set up Carlos!
    We purr you keep liking it :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it comes to water bowls, it's all about location, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hip hip HURRAH!!! We have a stainless steel water fountain and it's VERY popular. So happy your Staff has seen fit to provide such a fun watering hole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drink water from a steel bowl, too. It does stay colder longer! I know I am a messy eater, but Mommy is the one that mostly spills my water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dood....me...tuna...wont drink my waters if eye noe de food gurl iz watchin me...

    weerd huh....all sew R water bowlz iz knot by R food bowlz either....

    try N rememburr.. water=fish=good=pleez drink !!!

    gotta stay hydrated buddy.....good for yur kid kneez ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hope that new set up works for you. Our mom adds a little water to our canned food to get more water into us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pawsome set up Carlos! We has a bowl in the mom bean's on-sweet sink and a water fountain. Sasha won't drink out of the fountain...maybe it is too close to the food bowls? Maybe she needs to think about that, MOL!

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete