I mean, the sports fixation of the secretary has no limits apparently... Can you believe that she voluntarily went and bought skiing equipment for herself! And she HATES skiing!! It's been almost 20 years when she's been skiing the last time. I was mildly interested of the stuff, but that passed quite fast. I can't figure out the thing with that. I just hope she doesn't go ovetboard with her sports thing. She needs to remember to save some energy for serving me! This doesn't look good at all...
Oh how I have suddenly gotten a competitor of the humans attention! The secretary got this technical gadget as a Christmas gift, and she has been obsessed with it ever since. It is an activity bracelet, and it has been a huge hit (especially as a Christmas gift and now after New Years when everybody is starting a "new improved life".) around our country. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but it basically measures how much the human jogs/walks/stands up, or how long she/he is sleeping or sitting down. It even calculates how many steps you take during a day. AND, of course there is an Iphone app too...As you know, sitting down too much is bad for your health! That's why we cats tend to lay down more.
Anyways, she has been checking her bracelet and exercising more than before in order to reach her daily goals. Obviously, that means some less time spent with me, the cat!! I'm a bit concerned of this unexpected development...
I'm thinking there should be a bracelet for humans which would alert regularly to remind the humans to feed/cuddle/sckritch/feed/ the cat. I think the humans would need reminders for that more than to "exercise"... Priorities, priorities!!!
I would like to give you a hint on how to get some extra scritches and smootches from your humans. Well, I'm sure most of you kitties are familiar with this technique, but just in case there is someone who hasn't tried this out yet, here comes detailed instructions.
1. Follow the behaviour of your humans while they roam around the house. Which paths they usually use when going around the different rooms? Is there a certain route they most often walk along?
2. When you have figured out the routes, just select a spot directly on the path somewhere.
3. Go and lay down comfortably on the floor.
4. Stretch yourself as long as you can, in order to cover the spot on the route as much as possible.
5. Look cute (this shouldn't be too hard on any of us kitties! We are born cute after all!)
6. Wait patiently when your human is walking around the house and walks towards you.
7. Receive careful strokes by a humans foot (No, she is not stepping on me in this picture above. She is stroking my back gently with her foot, exactly according to the plan.)
8. Look lovingly towards the human, make eye contact, and squint your eyes a bit.
9. Then the final pay off, the human bends down and gives you proper scritches! Score!
10. Remember to reward your human too; purr and keep the eye contact with squinted eyes. You should reward your human for his/her good behaviour, so that they would remember to do that again!
There, go and try this sometimes and let me know if it worked for you!
Can you believe the secretary sneaked out on a business trip without telling me! She was away for two days and one night! I feel neglected. Yeah, the rest of the staff was here, but you know how it is, not quite the same when mom is not home...
Well, now she's back and guess if she brought anything for me? Nope. Just the kids.
I guess she was thinking of me when she bought this chockolate kitten for the kids. But she wasn't thinking hard enough, since she didn't remember to buy me anything! I think this is a scandal...
Well, no double meanings here, just that I'm really coming out of the closet here. Or out from the gap-between-the-closets to be exact. I stayed there for a while, so obviously the secretary took the change to snap some pictures...
Anyhow, happy Tuesday to all you kitties in, out or between any closets!!
This Monday was quite reasonable towards us. The secretary spent the day at home with one the kids who had a flu. I tried to avoid them as much as possible and spent most of the time on the fire place. It's true that the humans can't reach me when I'm there. Quite handy.
Well, let's get this week started, I hope you will have a great one!
Laziness, is a skill we cats master so well... But unlike the humans tend to think, this skill doesn't develop automatically! It requires hours and hours of hard napping in various locations. Here's a study of one anonymous' cat's nap on a warm fire place.
See the relaxed paws? The secretary can't get over how cute they look, and I guess she has a point there.
Did I hear something?
Maybe the cat food can opening?
What, no dinner time yet?
Well, make sure you'll have a better excuse next time when you interrupt my nap!! I have to keep up my skills you know!
It's Friday friends! It's all good. Well almost. The secretary and the kids went grocery shopping, and guess what?
They remembered to buy themselves all kinds of treats and candy, but brought me just ordinary food and litter. I mean please, where's MY Friday snacks and treats!?!? I'm moping here a bit. They better not repeat this next week...
The days of this week have been all mixed up on my secretary's mind since we had a day off on Tuesday. So the week kind of started all over again on Wednesday. But tomorrow is FRIDAY and that is all that matters!
These pictures have nothing to do with anything, I was just caught red pawed laying on the dinner table and chewing on the candle holders... Oops!